Welcome to COPAFS
Founded in 1981, the Council of Professional Associations on Federal Statistics (COPAFS) represents researchers, educators, public health professionals, civic groups, and businesses that rely on the quality and accessibility of statistics that can only be effectively collected by the federal government.
Our goal: Advancing Excellence in Federal Statistics
What COPAFS does:
- Provides government policy decision makers with information that demonstrates the value of federal statistics and the imperative of a strong federal statistical system.
- Organizes forums in which federal statisticians and agency representatives interact with the users of their statistics;
- Conducts independent, third-party evaluations of statistical tools, processes and accessibility options, and prepares white papers;
- Holds seminars, workshops, and webinars on challenges and opportunities facing groups that rely on federal statistics and those facing the federal agencies that produce them.
COPAFS Quarterly Meeting Information
Held at Bureau of Labor Statistics
Postal Square Building
2 Massachusetts Avenue, NE, Washington, DC
2019 Quarterly Meeting Dates:
View All Meeting Information
- Friday, March 1, 2019
- Friday, May 31, 2019 (new)
- Friday, Sept 6, 2019
- Friday, Dec 6, 2019
Click the title above to Read More
Updated Jan 8, 2018
- Assurance that the unique needs of your organization as a federal statistical data user are communicated to the agencies that produce the statistics on which you rely. Data accessibility and standardization are among the topics on which COPAFS stands up for you.
- Provision of effective informational, educational, and advocacy materials for policy and program decision makers that clearly demonstrate the value of the products produced by federal statistical agencies. On your behalf, we help those agencies thrive.
- A standing invitation to COPAFS’ quarterly meetings where news from federal statistical agencies is relayed and substantive issues are discussed by producers of federal statistics and their users.
- Management and facilitation of substantive workshops and conferences or third-party evaluation of statistical issues affecting your members.
For Membership, please contact our Associate Director, Corinna Turbes at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Bureau of Labor Statistics
The Friends of BLS, chaired by Erica Groshen, support BLS as an institution that provides critical data and tools to a wide variety of used for a wide variety of purposes. COPAFS is proud to support these efforts as co-chair.
Click here for more information on the Friends of BLS.
SAVE THE DATE
2020 FCSM Research and Policy Conference
April 13th-16th 2020
Walter E. Washington Convention Center, 801 Mt. Vernon Place, NW, Washington, DC 20001
Call for Papers